Do you fancy yourself a “pizza person”? Not a person made of pizza, but a person who “KNOWS PIZZA”, then this is the place for you. Good Wheel is growing, and we’re looking to build a solid team to grow with us.
Why we exist: We want to increase access to good pizza. Good wheels for all!
What we value: Fun, innovation, growth. Our team is small, encouraging, inclusive and takes COVID protocols seriously.
We are a new company dedicated to changing the world of frozen pizza. We’re still relatively small, but we’re growing fast. Anyone who joins the team will have a lot of responsibility, but if you’ve got the experience and drive, we’ve got the place for you to advance your career in the culinary world. Come build something new with us!
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- At least 1 year of professional cooking experience
- Deep culinary knowledge + a passion for food
- Ability to prepare a variety of dishes without supervision
- Excitement for the work you’re doing
- Strong attention to detail: ability to maintain high quality standards
- Open communication: someone who isn’t afraid to ask for help
- Resourcefulness, self-motivation, problem solving skills
- A desire to be a long term member of our team
- Comfort working effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
Nice to haves:
- Culinary school education
- Work experience with pizza
- Work experience in fine dining
- Work managing a culinary team (as a chef, sous-chef, shift lead etc…)
You’ll be responsible for:
- Coordinating daily pizza production
- Preparing toppings for pizza (par-cook, pickled, slice, brine etc..)
- Working on the pizza cook line
- Assisting with daily dough preparation
Where: Our commercial kitchen is located at 100 Marmora St. in North York (near where Weston Rd. meets the 401). You will need to be able to get to the commercial kitchen.
How to apply: Email a resume along with a little information about why you're interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org